Sunday, February 18, 2007

Holland 2007 Feb Vol.1.

I was just thinking about renaming my blog. It is supposed to be about Juli at home, but apparently I always post something if I go abroad.... I guess this just shows the real me. I can't be at one place all the time. I just have to go and do things and once in a while travel around, let that be personal matters or work or study. I just can't sit on my ass doing nothing. Ok maybe too exaggerated.
A week ago I left for the Netherlands, for one full week!!! Very pleasant trip I must say. The worst weather I saw this year :-P Even snow was the first real snow.... This globe is just getting crazy on this. Anyway, my week was just perfect in all terms. Let me show you a bit of Holland which was also new for me. (yes yes imagine this, I haven't become a real native after 3 and a half months)This is Rotterdam. I took this picture from the top of the Euromast. (mast=tower) The cafeteria up there is very trendy :) The white bridge is the Erasmusbrug, but I guess I already showed you before. Now this is the harbor on the city side, the heart of R'dam.

This is also R'dam. Behind me is the so-called 'pencil-house' and beside that the cubic residences and Blaak train&metro station. Very modern, but I guess they look funny and together they show a homogenous picture. Behind the cubic houses there is a cozy little harbor where you have restaurants and bars, and it is very nice in the summer to sit outside there. (Haven't told you that i guess... but it is really cool!!)

For the first time I also moved outside the Randstad. Now I also got to know Zeeland better. In the morning waking up was like finding yourself in winter wonderland. Snow everywhere, on the trees, very nice view, exactly like that you are hoping for around Christmas. Although it only lasted for a day, was very nice. (And I didn't have to go home with bus 28 so I didn't mind. LOL)This is Middelburg. Very nice city in the middle of the southern peninsula of Zeeland. Still snow on the roofs. :)

Still Middelburg, the Flemish style city hall. Similar to the one in Gouda, not very common in Holland, you find a lot more of these in Belgium.
End of Vol. 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home