Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pride and Prejudice fever

My good friend Bea always teased me with the TV series once broadcast on BBC. THAT IS THE REAL THING, she said. I didn't know she was right until yesterday. We organized a P&P marathon at my new place, well prepared for the 6 hour dose of Mr Perfect Man as known as Mr Darcy.

I am now infected.

I was always fond of this book and the story, and Mr Darcy was somehow the subconscious model of how I imagine THE MAN. We were discussing whether we are now totally knocked out of reality by having this image, we may wait forever for our Mr Darcys, because they are non existing. But then why did Colin Firth have to form his role soooo perfectly and irresistibly??? Funny that we can be seduced by a piece of celluloid. (alright, DVD is plastic) Moreover, we bethink ourselves that maybe this would be the ONLY way of being seduced.... hopefully not!!! However if guys continue this tendecy of the recent past....well these are still only ifs. Just think about it, how many of them has the guts to step up and tell his true feelings and moreover would still fight and not let go even if the initials were laid in a less desireable way AND is attracted to a woman who has an opinion about everything and doesn't fear of telling them. Not much of these exist I am afraid.

These lines should not lead you to misunderstand me, I am far from being discontent with my present state of being. (And even further from saying that all men are ***holes) I do think about things, that's all. And I try to start every new episode on a perfectly blank paper, without warning sticky notes at the side.
Don't know how it works for others, but being dream oriented and a bit irreal in my imagination makes me a lot more realistic and sharp on my toes in the real world.

Like my new quotation says: "True friends are those who really know you but love you anyways." This also goes for partners as well, or at least it should.

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ninety-something percent of girls fall for Mr. Darcy, I think. :)

However, I don't think guys are brave, and they wait for something, a signal from which they know that fight is not useless.

And yes, there may be a Mr. Darcy who can and wants to seduce you, but there are many other types - you should decide, which is good for you. Maybe, you'll find out some day that you really don't wait for a Mr. Darcy, but a Dr. House - just to say the opposite.

(A movie marathon is a good idea. I'll do that, too. Just have to arrange a lot of things in the new place...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home